Before I get to Palin, CNN had poor Anderson Cooper in the heart of Hurricane Gustav this weekend! He is way too delicate to be ravaged by a big 'ole thing called Gustav. They should've thrown Soledad O'Brien out there -- Gustav needs to whoop that ass for that horrible Black in America special!
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
This weekend, I was inundated with glowing press on the Alaska Governor, Sarah Palin. It’s shocking that people are turning the most irrelevant things into experience while ignoring her hypocrisy, extreme lack of experience, and a cheap ploy to appeal to Sen. Clinton voters…some who are so delusional that they might actually fall for it.
Here are the top ten...
10. Johnny Get Your Gun McCain only met Palin one to two times before deeming her his VP. Is that all it takes to make a major decision for the country? Imagine if we get another terrorist attack!
9. Palin doesn't know what a VP does and asks, "What is it exactly a VP does everyday?" The journalist reassured her with, "It's a pretty big job!" Lawd have Jim Crow mercy...
8. Palin is a "supporter of abstinence-only education and opposes sex education program", but her teenage daughter is knocked up and unmarried like Becky Conner from Roseanne! Maybe if her heat-seeking daughter knew how to use a condom she wouldn't be another teenage pregnancy statistic.
7. Palin’s daughter’s baby daddy proclaims on his MySpace page, “I'm a ****ing redneck.” Also, "Ya **** with me I'll kick a** ." That isn’t very Christian now is it? His page also says he doesn’t want any kids. I wonder how it feels to be a teen daddy?
6. Pro-life, pro-gun, pro-drilling, anti-gay—haven’t we already been down this epic road? Mind you, Palin’s husband has a DUI charge on his record. Is her family pro driving while intoxicated too?
5. According to KTUU 2 NBC Anchorage, "Federal health officials say there were more than one million cases of Chlamydia reported in the U.S. last year, a record high for a single year." STDs are on the rise in Alaska and Palin is admittedly opposed to sex education. Hopefully she will lower the price of prescriptions for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis.
4. Alaska is littered with corruption—the state has had nine public corruption indictments in the last two years—and Palin might be number 10! She is already under investigation, after only 18 months as Governor of Alaska, for "potential abuse of power for firing the Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan for not removing Palin’s ex-brother-in-law from the police force."
3. "Palin has the same experience as Obama!" Ummm, she ran a state with just over a population of 600,000 and mayor of a town with a population of 8,000. This is far from comparable experience, but the more bizarre pundits say it the more people believe it.
2. "She has foreign policy experience because Alaska is near Russia!" Yes, someone on CNN said something to this effect this weekend. Now, I've heard of "spin", but this is more spin than a Tyler Perry movie preview!
1. "She is a working mom -- that should account for something!" When I heard a woman on CNN say this, it really got to me. Being a working mom qualifies you to be vice president? Is this an episode of Oprah or the vice president slot? If Obama's supporters ever said, "He is a black man in America—that should account for something!" The media would pounce like R. Kelly at Chuck E. Cheese!
The scary thing is some of these rants might actually work. Palin isn’t nearly as dangerous and hypocritical as Bush and he did two terms.
Posted by Clay ::
9:50 AM ::